The Belt and Road International Special Event Contest Announcement---the 15th Challenge Cup National College Students’ Extracurricular Academic Science and Technology Works Contest
组委会 发表于 2017.4.13| 点击数8088
As China’s economic center and international metropolis, Shanghai plays an indispensable role in connecting China with the rest of the world. Shanghai University, on the top agenda of key university construction in Shanghai, advocates the philosophy of “innovation, openness, coordination and guidance” in organizing and hosting the 15th Challenge Cup National Contest. To echo with the Belt and Road strategy and the Belt and Road Summit scheduled in May 2017, the Belt and Road International Special Event Contest is organized to highlight themes of “economy” and “technology”, and to awaken college students of countries along the belt and road to practical issues concerning the development along the route, providing an avenue for their wisdom in science & technology innovation, depicting the bright future of the Belt and Road initiative, thereby increasing the understanding of and support for the initiative, and strengthening the bonds between the people of different nations. The detailed plan is as follows:
More Connectivity. More Innovation.
II. Organizing Committees
Organizer: the Organizing Committee for the 15th Challenge Cup National College Students’ Extracurricular Academic Science and Technology Works Contest
Host: Shanghai University
III. Qualified applicants
1. The competition is open to full-time college students at home and abroad (except those for adult education) that officially register before June 1, 2017.
2. Competing teams need to be organized by colleges, and each college can send one team with 2-3 members and one supervisor for each team.
3. Members of the competing teams must be consistent throughout the competition and no members are allowed to change. Independent application from individuals or teams is not accepted.
IV. Rules for Contest
1. The contest includes the preliminary and the final. The preliminary is temporarily scheduled in July 2017 in the form of online works submission and review. The final is temporarily scheduled in mid- November 2017 in the form of on-site oral defense. Details will be notified later on.
2. Both Chinese and English can be used in the works submitted by competing teams for the preliminary, but English is the language for on-site oral defense in the final.
3. Works shall focus on the Belt and Road initiative, and competing teams are encouraged to include students of different majors across the world.
4. To be specific, the works for contest shall focus on the Belt and Road initiative, designing the plan and offering the technical solution to the practical issue in economic and technological development that confront the countries along the belt and road. All the works shall highlight economic cooperation and development, scientific & technological innovation and sharing (see appendix I ---lists of projects for reference).
Economic development and cooperation: On the basis of respecting state sovereignty and economic policies, research can be conducted on issues concerning how to realize the cooperation in cross-border trade regulation, how to achieve cross-border banking cooperation, how to regulate the cross-border capital investment, how to improve the efficiency and safety of cross-border capital circulation, how to increase the efficiency and safety of cross-border trade and how to advance the operation and regulation in cross-border free trade zones among the countries along the belt and road region, etc. The new-generation science & technology, information technology and financial instruments can be applied to investment regulation system, currency trading system, logistics & transportation system and cross-border financing modes, thereby providing the economic foundation for the infrastructure construction in the countries along the route.
Scientific & technological innovation and sharing: On the basis of respecting state sovereignty and intellectual property rights and with the development of the new-generation green technologies at the core, science and technology is highlighted in the ecological protection, environment treatment, energy development, transportation, medical aid, industrial production and people’s living conditions in the countries along the route. New science and technology is applied to improve the level of infrastructure, technology & culture, medical insurance, people’s living conditions and natural environment, thereby promoting the sustainable development of the countries along the route.
5. Works for the preliminary are submitted in the form of reports with no more than 3000 words. Meanwhile, please fill in Appendix 2 entitled the Return for the Belt and Road International Special Event Contest of the 15th Challenge Cup National Undergraduate Curricular Academic Science and Technology Contest on the designated website. Works for the final are submitted in the form of reports & PPT and can be supplemented by auxiliary works like animations, videos or drawings. All the works shall be free of disputes about IPRs.
6. Applicants at home and abroad can log in to the official website of the Challenge Cup contest, registering and submitting works on the page of the Belt and Road International Special Event contest（http://www.tiaozhanbei.net/）. All the works shall be submitted by 12pm on June 30, 2017.
V. Contest Process Overview
In April, the Organizing Committee issues documents including the competition notice and works application forms. Activities are involved in publicizing, mobilizing and organizing across colleges and universities.
From April to June, preliminary reviews of their respective works are conducted across colleges and universities and works for competition are submitted through designated channels.
In July, the preliminary will be launched. No on-site demonstration or oral defense will be organized in the preliminary; the Review Committee will review the works online and select several outstanding teams for the final. The official notice will be released for the final.
In November, the final will be launched. Each participating team will send one representative for the on-site demonstration and oral defense. The Review Committee will review the works and the awards for the competition include several grand prizes, first prizes, second prizes and a number of third prizes.
Shanghai University will cover all expenditure for one academic and one student, including accommodations, meals and transportations in Shanghai during the final.
Shanghai University will provide further assistant for VISA
The Organizing Committee for the 15th Challenge Cup
National College Students’ Extracurricular
Academic Science and Technology Works Contest
11th April 2017